We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interlaken accomodation guidance required in October

Which Interlaken hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru, India
6 posts
Save Topic
Interlaken accomodation guidance required in October

I am planning for few days in interlaken in the first week of October. My plan is to go to Interlaken (and surrounding areas) and from there to Zermatt. Considering the weather unpredictability, I am not pre-reserving any hotel for the flexibility to travel based. Wanted to have your guidance on the best way to search for accomodation under this scenario.

1. I would require a Single occupancy room with private bathroom with breakfast walkable from train station in Interlaken (Or Lauterbrunnen or Wengen) and Zermatt – I need very basic arrangement and my budget is around 60 USD / Day. Since I will not have any pre-reservation and will have a large strolly, request if somebody can guide me the route / walking direction from these stations to someplace where I can get few such Hotel/Hostel/Chalet/apartment to choose from. Additionally it would be really helpful if you can suggest some names of the accommodations as well ( went through some sites , but not exactly easy to take decision based on that).

2. What is the best way to move in and around the places within interlaken and surrounding areas – Are Conducted site-seeing tours available or better to do it on my own through Public Transport like Bus and Trains (I am not renting a car or bike or Cycle etc.) - Any guidance on the same will be really nice.

Best Regards,

SK

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Interlaken accomodation guidance required in October

There is a brand new youth hostel next to Interlaken Ost station, I have no idea of the prices though. Best way to travel by train, there are local buses in Interlaken. I think you will get a "Gatekarte" when you check in to whatever accommodation you choose, this will give you free transport within the Interlaken area, other than this go to the Swiss Rail website www.sbb.ch/en and get train times and fares, the site defaults to half fare. If you want the local Tourist office walk down the main road to the skyscraper Hotel Metropole and the tourist office is on the ground floor. Even better go to the Interlaken website and check there. I've never stayed in Zermatt so I can't help you there.

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,628 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Interlaken accomodation guidance required in October

I can thoroughly recommend Swiss Youth Hostels - very good quality of accomodation and food. Great big lockers in the bedrooms to take all luggage.

3. Re: Interlaken accomodation guidance required in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, August 22, 2013