We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feel Free to Criticize my Itinerary

Texas
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Feel Free to Criticize my Itinerary

Family of 4, kids ages 10 and 11, Eurail France-Swiss pass

Day 1

Arrive 09:00 AM Zurich Airport

Train to Interlaken, check-in near Interlaken Ost

2:00 pm - boat tour (Thun or Brienz?, which one would you recommend?, return via train?)

Day 2:

Early excursion to Lauterbrunnen, Murren, Wengen? If weather permits and we have the energy, might go to Schlithorn. Please give recommendations.

Day 3: Depart Inerlaken late morning

Thanks in advance and happy travels ya'll.

T4C

Texas
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Feel Free to Criticize my Itinerary

Awesome! Thanks a lot Mel. I like the idea of walk.

UK
Level Contributor
427 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Feel Free to Criticize my Itinerary

You're welcome. Hope you have a great trip, let us know how you get on!

Texas
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Feel Free to Criticize my Itinerary

Just got back. I wish I could live in Switzerland. What a beautiful place!

Did the Lauterbunnen - Falls - Wengen - Mannlichen - Grund - Grindlewald - Interlaken trip in about 8 hours stopping in each place and enjoying the beauty.

The train clerk recommended not to do the hiking with the gear we had on as there still was snow up there.

Thanks all for your recommendations.

UK
Level Contributor
427 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Feel Free to Criticize my Itinerary

Glad you had a good time, and thanks for updating us!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
43 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Feel Free to Criticize my Itinerary

We stayed in Lauterbrunnen at the Hotel Staubbach and loved it. It's in a beautiful valley with access by bus, train and cable car to both the Jungfrau region and the Schilthorn region. We stayed there on May 30 and May 31st. The men in our group went river rafting with Alpinraft and were picked up and dropped off in Lauterbrunnen. Interlakken doesn't have the charm of this village.

16. Re: Feel Free to Criticize my Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, June 22, 2013