We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We have 6 nights in Switzerland - any suggestions?

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
We have 6 nights in Switzerland - any suggestions?

We get into the country from Zurich and then plan to travel to Lucerne ( best mode? any suggestions? time?) and have basically 2 nights there and decide a day for excursion to Mount titlis for a day and need more suggestions what can we do for another day.

would love some suggestions

Thanks,

Richa

Bern, Switzerland
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: We have 6 nights in Switzerland - any suggestions?

Hi Rich

For another few days you could plan to travel to Interlaken. It's a very nice place and you have many possibilities for excursions. Visit http://www.interlaken.ch/erlebnisse.html?L=3 for information about all the activities.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We have 6 nights in Switzerland - any suggestions?

I am considering Switzerland in my itinary for 2 nights and would be taking an excursion to either Jungfraujoch or Scilthorn.

Can anyone recommend which one to consider.

Thanks.

montreal
Level Contributor
742 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We have 6 nights in Switzerland - any suggestions?

"We get into the country from Zurich and then plan to travel to Lucerne ( best mode? any suggestions? time?) ... "

We traveled by car through Switzerland which was economical since there were 4 of us, but then received a traffic ticket for about $300 dollars (for a running an imaginary stop light!)

Bern, Switzerland
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: We have 6 nights in Switzerland - any suggestions?

It's quite hard to recommend one of this excursions.

I suggest to have a look at both websites:

www.jungfrau.ch

www.schilthorn.ch

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We have 6 nights in Switzerland - any suggestions?

I did and hence asked on post. I honestly liked them both bout finding it hard to decide.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We have 6 nights in Switzerland - any suggestions?

Hi

We are thinking of spending now week in Interlaken next August, can anyone advise the cost of eating out, drinks etc. We have been advised that it is very expensive compared to our European countries.

any advice would be welcome

Thanks

Maryland
Level Contributor
101 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We have 6 nights in Switzerland - any suggestions?

Don't stay in Interlarken. Go up the mountain (20 minute train ride) to Lauterbrunnen. From Lauterbrunne you can take many days trips. The best place to eat is the Horner Pub. Daily specials include salad, entrée (usually grilled pork or chicken with herb butter) and potatoes for 15 cf. Also great soups and sandwiches for a reasonable price. Beer is usually about 4 cf. Best Hotel is the STAUBBACH -- 170 cf with an incredible view (ask for south facing room) includes fantastic breakfast. The most we spent for a dinner was 55 cf for a meat fondue at the Oberland - included salad and desert.

8. Re: We have 6 nights in Switzerland - any suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, December 14, 2013