We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to run in Interlaken?

Which Interlaken hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Germany
Level Contributor
51 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Where to run in Interlaken?

Hello,

Does anyone know a good place to go running in Interlaken? I would prefer pavement to trails, but will run trails if necessary.

Thanks! :)

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
987 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to run in Interlaken?

Go Forrest Go!

Interlaken...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to run in Interlaken?

Hi,

A nice run in Interlaken is to follow the canal out to either lake. If you go east, when you get to the end of the canal where the lake opens up, continue along to the town of Bönigen. You can then follow the river Lütschine up to Wilderswil and then down the back road to past the Unspunnen castle ruins to Matten and Interlaken. If you go west out to the lake of Thun you will pass some castle ruins as well and then a nature preserve right along the water. There is a golf course there that usually have deer grazing on it. Continue past the Neuhaus and you will come to a bridge over a small stream called Lombach. If you follow the stream to the road and then hang a right, this will take you back to the west station. Both runs average between 45 minutes and 1 hour and are along flat terrain and well maintained wide trails mixed with paved roads.

Germany
Level Contributor
51 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to run in Interlaken?

Thanks Chrigu, that's just what I was looking for-- I appreciate your help!