We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

skiing in Jungfraujoch- mid Oct?

Which Interlaken hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
malaysia
5 posts
Save Topic
skiing in Jungfraujoch- mid Oct?

Sounds stupid but are we able to do skiing in Jungfraujoch for the month of Oct? Any idea what is the cost of renting the equipment etc?

THank you very much.

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
3,071 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: skiing in Jungfraujoch- mid Oct?

No, unfortunately there is no way to ski in this region in October! There are no ski runs on Jungfraujoch itself. You can only go up by train and enjoy the view. On your way up to Jungraujoch you pass the skiing area of Kleine Scheidegg - Maennlichen. But it's too low for having enough snow in October. Ski season will start there no earlier than end of November.

In October the possibilities for skiing in Switzerland are very limited. You could do it for instance on the glaciers of Zermatt and probably les Diablerets (close to Gstaad).

malaysia
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: skiing in Jungfraujoch- mid Oct?

Thanks oller for your advice. It's so disappointing, we'll have to skip skiing for this time round :-(

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,628 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: skiing in Jungfraujoch- mid Oct?

There was a ski run on Jungfraujoch in August, and the cost was extremely reasonable, including equipment. It's about 100 m long, and you need to be able to turn and use the lift. It's a very good practice option for skiers with a few days experience.

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
3,071 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: skiing in Jungfraujoch- mid Oct?

Thanks for the info skitandoori as this is new for me (have been on Jungfraujoch only in wintertime and haven't seen any skilift). According to www.jungfraubahn.ch there is really a so called 'ski and snowboard park', but only from June to September. Probably a good idea for advanced beginners, but certainly not a real challenge for serious skiing...

malaysia
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: skiing in Jungfraujoch- mid Oct?

oh really, thanks skitandoori. i'll check it out when i get there.