We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interlaken, Grindelwald or Lauterbrunnen

Which Interlaken hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Interlaken, Grindelwald or Lauterbrunnen

Which is the best place to spend two days of a switzerland holiday? Your advice will be very apprciated.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,171 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Interlaken, Grindelwald or Lauterbrunnen

We have been regular visitors to this area for more than 20 years and Grindelwald is our favourite but it does depend on what you enjoy. Interlaken is very similar to an English seaside resort, lots of trippers, souvenir shops and trips on the lakes. The Lauterbrunnen valley is one of the most beautiful in the world but it is very quiet and the views are not as good as they are if you stay higher up.

Grindelwald is a large mountain village with some of the best views you will ever see. There are quite a few tourists during the day but it is rarely crowded. I would compare it to somewhere like Ambleside for size and atmosphere but the surrounding mountains are 14,000 rather than 3,000 feet.

To really enjoy Grindelwald you need to like mountain views. If lakes and shops are more to your taste you will prefer Interlaken.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Interlaken, Grindelwald or Lauterbrunnen

Thanks a lot mate. This is very good advice.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
7,852 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Interlaken, Grindelwald or Lauterbrunnen

Yes, I agree with LondonBob's feedback. The difficulty in choosing is that all places in the area are so good - but each with different plus points for different individuals. My preference of the three is Grindelwald also - the Eiger is there 'in your face'. However, do try to squeeze into your two days at trip round to Wengen and Lauterbrunnen Valley.