We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Switzerland - 3 days only - what to see

14 posts
Save Topic
Switzerland - 3 days only - what to see

Help! We are doing a last minute trip to Switzerland (leave on Saturday)(my husband has a business trip in Lucerne), and we have 3 1/2 days to explore other areas. We were thinking of taking the train from Zurich on day 1 to the Interlaken area, spending day 2 in that area (suggestions for a day?), then heading down to Zermatt for the day 3 (he definately wants to see the Matterhorn), and then using the last day to head back from Zermatt to Lucerne.

Recommendations on where to stay in the Jungfraujoch area - Interlaken or Lauterbrunner (we also are looking for hotels near the train as we are 2 adults and 2 children, ages 7 and 9, and would need hotels that have family suites), and also hotels in the Zermatt area.($200 or so - 3 or 4 star) Many of the hotels are booked up already. ANy help would be greatly appreciated!

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,941 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Switzerland - 3 days only - what to see

Getting to all of your spots can be done but a lot of your three and a half days are going to be spent on the trains, I would suggeat picking either the Zermat area or the Jungfrau area and spending the majority of your time there. Personally I prefer the Jungfrau area. I would stay in Lauterbrunnen probably at the Hotel Oberland or maybe the Silberhorn. Both are fairly close to the train station and are nice.

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
4,808 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Switzerland - 3 days only - what to see

Definitely choose the Jungfrau region. Zermat is WAYYYYY too touristy!

india
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Switzerland - 3 days only - what to see

jungfrau regoin------- will be my choice.

i am also planning a trip. in case u find a nice place to stay be sure to post some tips too.

4. Re: Switzerland - 3 days only - what to see

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, August 23, 2009