We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Residence- Grindelwald

Level Contributor
60 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Residence- Grindelwald

Hey folks,

Thinking of staying here in August with my husband and 2 boys 13 and 11. Has anyone stayed here? I would really appreciate your comments or suggestions. We're also considering the Hotel Fiescherblick. Thanks so much.

Europe
Level Contributor
370 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Residence- Grindelwald

I didn't stay in any of them. Both of them are well located. But with 2 young boys of that age I'd stay at the Residence if I were you.

The Fiescherblick is a romantic place with a gourmet restaurant, one of the top best in Grindelwald.

Your sons might feel more comfortable with the relaxed more casual and modern atmosphere at Residence I thnink.

Enjoy your stay in Grindelwald!

Linnen , CH

Level Contributor
60 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Residence- Grindelwald

Thanks Linnen-- I appreciate your insight...Where did you stay in Grindelwald?

Fresno, CA
Destination Expert
for Fresno
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Residence- Grindelwald

How long are you going to be there? I was there with my two kids for a week and rented an apartment. vacation rentals in europe are usually for a week and go saturday to saturday. I get tired of eating out every meal, so the kitchen was convenient for breakfast and some dinners. It was also nice for them to have their own room and us ours. We would sit on the balcony in the early evening enjoy some wine and nibbles while watching the bahns go up and down the mountains and watch the sun set and the alpine glow.

Level Contributor
60 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Residence- Grindelwald

Hey Muffya,

I tried to find an apartment for the reasons you stated, nice to have a little extra room and cook in sometimes. But, my problem was that everyone I contacted required a full weeks stay and we'll only be in Grindelwald 3 nights.....Thanks for your notes though.

home
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Residence- Grindelwald

My wife and i have stayed at this hotel for the past three years and are going back again this year.We would not think of going anywhere else in Grindelwald. The food is excellent,rooms are clean,and as far as we are concerned service is excellent. You are treated as a person and not just another guest. The past two years we have been in august and the weather has been perfect. Hope you book this hotel and have a good holiday

6. Re: Hotel Residence- Grindelwald

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, August 15, 2009