We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finding a fackel in Grindelwald

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Finding a fackel in Grindelwald

This past winter I went sledding in Grindelwald and loved it, especially the night sledding. I had wanted to night sled with a torch but couldn't find one. I found out when we got back home that a torch, or flare is called a fackel in Switzerland. I plan to go back and sled again, this time with a torch.

Does anyone know where I can buy a fackel?

bern
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Finding a fackel in Grindelwald

If you go before New Year's Eve I would search in shops where they sell fireforks eg. grocery stores. After that I guess the best chance is at places where they sell tools and furniture for the garden, at a bigger town or city. Be aware that it's your own responsibilty to care about security. Swiss laws expect people to be more self-dependent. Somebody who sells a normal "Fackel" (something with real fire) doesn't need to tell you what you can do wrong with it.

On the other side as much as I know there are organized "Fackel" tours in Grindelwald. I would simply ask the tourist office if you can get the right equipement from them or join a tour.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finding a fackel in Grindelwald

Thank you, I had searched the Coop in Grindelwald and Interlaken without luck. Since I didn't know the correct word, I had a difficult time explaining what I needed. We were there last Februrary and if I am fortunate enough to go again it would be about the same time.

If anyone knows the name of a hardware store in the area, so I can Google location and how to get there, I would appreciate the help..

3. Re: Finding a fackel in Grindelwald

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:40 pm, June 22, 2013