We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

glacier gorge at grindelwald

Which Grindelwald hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
343 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
glacier gorge at grindelwald

should i go glacier gorge of grindelwald??worth going? quite long journey from wengen.

i base at wengen n will b going to jungfraujoch too.

is there glacier gorge at jungfraujoch as well??

thx

patrick

bern
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: glacier gorge at grindelwald

I think its a very nice place, but I would only do it if you visiting something else in Grindelwald eg. the First. Here some details about it www.wanderland.ch/en/sightseeing_detail.cfm…

<is there glacier gorge at jungfraujoch as well??> There are no rivers up there (only ice), but the water from the Jungfraujoch formes the Truemmlbach Falls (waterfalls in a canyon), which you shouldn't miss. http://www.truemmelbachfaelle.ch/

Schwyz, Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,785 posts
494 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: glacier gorge at grindelwald

Hi starystarynite, what you find at Jungfraujoch is an Ice Palace, where artists make sculptures every year

google has the biggest collection of pics:

http://www.google.ch/search?q=eispalast+jungfraujoch&hl=de&qscrl=1&nord=1&rlz=1T4DACH_deCH320CH320&site=webhp&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=LNByT_DeGI6KhQe1xqmmBQ&sqi=2&ved=0CCsQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=534

UK
Level Contributor
427 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: glacier gorge at grindelwald

Mube is right, the Trummelbach Falls are far more impressive. The glacier gorge at Grindelwald is fine, but I think it was more interesting when the glacier extended further towards the valley. It's the kind of thing that's perfect for a wet day, or for tagging onto a visit to something more interesting in Grindelwald like the First cable car or the Pfinstegg to Baregg walk.

singapore
Level Contributor
343 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: glacier gorge at grindelwald

Looks like I can skip this then. I dun think I have time to cover first...

Thx fr advice.

Dubai
Level Contributor
596 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: glacier gorge at grindelwald

Infact from Wengen it is more convenient to visit Trummelbach falls than Glacier Gorge in Grindelwald.

Perth, Australia
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: glacier gorge at grindelwald

We are travelling through interlaken on the 16th 17th april and wanting to take 3 children to see snow.

Still not sure where is the best point to aim for and should we book anything in advance or just waitto see what the weather is like?

Jungfrau Region
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: glacier gorge at grindelwald

Hi Patrick

Truemmelbachfalls are more impressive than the galcier gorge. At the Jungfraujoch the have a lot of events and special deals. jungfrau.ch/en/…

Sunny regards from Grindelwald

Martin

Edited: 2:22 am, March 29, 2012
Dubai
Level Contributor
596 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: glacier gorge at grindelwald

Cott_traveller,

Jungfraujoch has snow all year round

jungfrau.ch/en/…

There is no need to book tickets in advance as it is important that you visit Jungfraujoch only on the day when the weather is good.

singapore
Level Contributor
343 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: glacier gorge at grindelwald

The deal is mainly for winter ski..spring/summer don't have yet.

10. Re: glacier gorge at grindelwald

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:26 am, April 08, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Grindelwald