We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Appropriate Clothing

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Appropriate Clothing

Hi,

I'm going on holiday to Switzerland on 3rd August, staying in Grindelwald. We plan to do sightseeing mainly and some excursions, including the Jungfraujoch trip and a husky sledge ride. I have no idea whether to take 'normal' clothes or am I going to need warm clothes with hats and scarves too?

Thanks!

Alyson

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Appropriate Clothing

I take normal Summer clothes, with the addition of a jumper, sweater, or thicker cardigan for the mountain tops and carry it in my rucksack, you may need it you may not, as for gloves and scarves I personally would not you can always retreat indoors if you get cold. Others may disagree.

southern UK
Level Contributor
101 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Appropriate Clothing

take warm clothes if you are going to mountain tops - layers best!

Schwyz, Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,924 posts
510 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Appropriate Clothing

And good to have a waterproof jacket, it's good also when it's windy.

For instance it's pretty cool and windy hier , tops of mountains are in the clouds. Weather forecast is bad for the whole week!

For the end of the month it seems to be better

euronews.net/weather/…

Happy traveling

mum47

Dubai
Level Contributor
596 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Appropriate Clothing

Wind/Water proof jacket is absolutely essential as mountain weather can be very unpredictable. Gloves & hat would only be required/useful on mountain tops.

5. Re: Appropriate Clothing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, October 10, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Grindelwald