We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

You do not need a tour guide for grindelwald

Which Grindelwald hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wilderswil
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
You do not need a tour guide for grindelwald

This is not like the USA where you can get disoriented. I have hiked in montana - new mexico pennsylvania. There it is easy to get lost in the middle of nowhere. I am an American living in Interlaken area. There is no need for an expensive guide to hike the jungfrau region, All trails are very well marked infact, you would feel silly to have a guide. Unless you would like to do some glacier tours, then I have lots of private mountain guide friends. email me if you still need help. Free maps are available at every tourist office, unless you want a topographic map available at the coop for about 17$. cindy wilderswil

martinez, california
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: You do not need a tour guide for grindelwald

Thanks for your input. The main reasons that I am/was interested in an organinzed trip were:

1. I will be going alone and would like to travel with others who want to share the Alps expeiience

2. having someone else focus on the details allows me to relax and just take in Switzerland.

But maybe, I should just do the trip on my own. I was thinking about scheduling the trip for September, any thoughts?

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: You do not need a tour guide for grindelwald

Most everyone visiting the Alps is there because they want to be! They are there to experience it, too. I can personally say that I've never been on a "business trip" to the Alps. You definitely don't need a tour guide. With a TG you are also bound to their schedule - yuk. Now, if you're going with a group because you need companionship, well that's a different story.