We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ski school

Which Grindelwald hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Midlands...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
ski school

Can anyone recommend a good ski school in Grindelwald for group lessons?

We are first time skiers, and there are several schools listed.

Thanks.

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,067 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ski school

Hi James1st,

I've used the Swiss Ski and Snowboard school a few times and have always been happy with them:

…grindelwaldsports.ch/cms3/front_content.php…

Have fun!

s

Michigan
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ski school

Hi James1st,

Our family has used the Swiss Ski School as well. Their website is www.skischool-jungfrau.ch. They are the official government ski school (I think). I have noticed that there are more private schools popping up in Grindelwald and have been thinking about trying one of them for the younger members of our family. Like any ski school, we found that some instructors have been better than others. Our experience with the Swiss School has mostly been hiring a guide for a few hours to take a small group of us on a tour of a new area. They all been very informative, but some better than others. We were, however, not impressed with the school for children. Our daughter was signed up for the entire week last winter and we took her out after 2 days. We felt the classes were too crowded and that there was not enough supervision. She fell asleep at lunch and was left in the chalet by herself. She was 4 at the time and told us she woke up, got herself dressed and went out looking for her instructor. We also felt that she was not being placed in the appropriate class. She is a pretty good skier (I know I sound like an obnoxious American parent, but she really is), she can turn, stop, control her speed, and uses her edges. If she were taller, she could get on a chair lift by herself. She probably would have been better off in a private lesson, but we thought ski school would be fun for her. I think they looked at her age and size and placed her with beginners. She was pretty bored. At any rate, the overcrowded classes were a bigger problem. We weren't the only people complaining. There was a lot of disorganization the first day at drop off and at pick up time and as a result, a lot of unhappy parents....so, we won't be using the children's ski school there in the future. I have been looking for reviews of some of the others and hope you get some responses to your inquiry. I'm sure you will do well with the Swiss School for the adults. Good luck and have fun!

3. Re: ski school

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 06, 2010