We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to expect in Grindlewald in November

Which Grindelwald hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
What to expect in Grindlewald in November

I am thinking of travelling to Grindelwald in November but have no idea on the climate at this time, some websites say it is still the summer season others contradict this, could someone confirm whether there is snow at this time of year

Many thanks

Amanda

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to expect in Grindlewald in November

It is definately not the summer season but whether there is snow or not really depends on the year. Last year snows came early but in other years it was closer to Christmas before there was significant snows.

Manchester
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to expect in Grindlewald in November

What type of things can we get up to at that time of year?

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,398 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to expect in Grindlewald in November

Sorry for sounding negative and daft, but the answer is we will be waiting for the snow to arrive and start the winter-season. November of all month is the wrong time of the year. Go shopping in Bern or Zurich if you need to be in Switzerland.

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to expect in Grindlewald in November

I too am sorry to have to agree. Not much going on anywhere in the mountains in November.

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
987 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to expect in Grindlewald in November

a lot of hotels and restaurants will beclosed, most Cablecars will down for revision.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What to expect in Grindlewald in November

Just to add my little piece. Some years ago I spent five days in Lucerne at the beginning of December, and went to Engleberg one day. Most of the shops were shut, the cable car to Titlis was running but I think reduced service. I came back and said that apart from the big towns and cities Switzerland was shut. If you can avoid November/December I would, if not i would stay in one of the larger towns, Lucerne, St Gallen, Chur, Zurich, Berne, Basel and enjoy the museums and any local attractions, Gurten in Berne, Uetliberg in Zurich as examples.

7. Re: What to expect in Grindlewald in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, January 19, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Grindelwald