We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grindelwald in May

Which Grindelwald hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Grindelwald in May

Hi I am planning to travel to switzerland during May. I would like to check if there is any possibility of snowfall in Grindelwald during that time ?

Can someone tell me if

1. May is a good time to visit switzerland ?

2.If i want to watch some snowfall is it possible in April or May ?

3.What are the good places to visit ?

bern
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Grindelwald in May

1) It's low season, some cable cars are not running, some hotels closed, but still much to do.

2) In Grindelwald possible, but usually you need to go to a higher up place. If you want to see snow: There is all year snow on the Jungfraujoch and very good chances on the Kleine Scheidegg.

3) Much to choose. The Jungfraujoch, other mountains, boat rides, the Truemmelbach Falls, other waterfalls, caves, etc. Have a look at www.grindelwald.com and www.interlaken.ch

London, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grindelwald in May

Thanks for the info.

This is my first visit to europe with my wife and would like your help on the following..

1. Planning to travel from Paris to Interlaken/Grindelwald with a stay of 3 to 4 days during mid may. What is the best train route I can take to reach interlaken .... and then grindelwald ?

2. Cheap and decent accomodation in interlaken and grindelwald ? any suggestions from someone who has stayed in any of the hotels..

3.If i base myself in interlaken will it be economical for me to visit grindelwald,jungfrau and places of interest nearby ? I have to depend on public transport for all these trips... Please help.

3. Re: Grindelwald in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, August 22, 2009