We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grindelwald to lauterbrunnen??

Brisbane Australia
Level Contributor
470 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Grindelwald to lauterbrunnen??

hello, i was wondering which way is worth it from grindelwald to lauterbrunnen.

i think the cheaper way is to take train to interlarken ost then change to lauterbrunnen

but the other way is by cable car i think to mannlichen..

do you think cable car is worth it, its much mroe expensive?

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
627 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grindelwald to lauterbrunnen??

You could also take the train from Grindlewald to Kleine Scheidegg and then onto Wengen and Lauterbrunnen.

John.

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
988 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grindelwald to lauterbrunnen??

The fastest way is train: Grindelwald - Zweilütschinen - Lauterbrunnen, about 50 minutes!!!

That is if you do'nt have a car.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,806 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grindelwald to lauterbrunnen??

The trains from Interlaken to Lauterbrunnen and Grindelwald are coupled together till Zweilütschinen and get separated there. So it is the cheapest and fastest way, as indicated, to change in Zweilütschinen. You will have to get into the correct part of the train coming from Interlaken, otherwise you end up where you came from :-) Better ask the conductor.

The trains over the Kleine Scheidegg would take much more time, run to a less dense schedule and the last train up goes around 17:00 as opposed to about 23:00 to Zweilütschinen.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
11,685 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grindelwald to lauterbrunnen??

My thinking is - it depends on what else you are doing in your trip to the area. For cheapest and fastest take Rister's route & change at ZWN. If you're not planning any other 'upward' trips from Grindelwald, then choose either of JohnW1952 or your cable-car route - it's worth (if the weathers ok) paying to experience the heights once at least.