We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grindelwald-Paris

Gig Harbor, WA
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Topic
Grindelwald-Paris

Hello,

We have decided that after spending four days over Christmas in Grindelwald we would like to take the train to Paris for the remaining four days. I am not sure whether to book online or book once we get there. Can you tell me what the best plan would be and what the cheapest place to buy train tickets in advance? Thanks!

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,050 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grindelwald-Paris

The TGV tickets to and within France are much cheaper if bought in advance.

tgv-lyria.fr/main/…home_france_suisse.asp

Gig Harbor, WA
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grindelwald-Paris

Thanks,

I guess I didn't realize it would be so expensive. For two people traveling from Grindelwald Switzerland to Paris the price is almost $350. Does this seem reasonable or a little on the high side? I don't really have any perspective with this so I don't know. Thanks!

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,050 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grindelwald-Paris

The days between Christmas and New Year are some of the busiest travel days of the whole year, so no wonder that all cheap fares already sold out. You are looking at the full fares with 177 SFr each.

(350 $ seems too much though)

4. Re: Grindelwald-Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, October 13, 2009