We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bernese Oberland - best travel cost option

Which Grindelwald hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
algarve
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bernese Oberland - best travel cost option

Hi i��m going to switzerland in june. I have already recommendations for interlaken / grindelwald area. I ��d like to know:

1. what is the best swiss pass for 4 days- should it be swiss pass or a regional pass (i ��m thinking of staying most of the time there and i onlu need 2 tickets to and from zurich airport);

2. Is it better to sleep in interlaken or in any mountain area like grindelwald in terms of prices, perhaps any hotel name?

3. what must ebe the weather like in the end of june?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
239 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bernese Oberland - best travel cost option

There are tickets to get to and from Zurich to Interlaken and SBB (Swiss Federal Railways) have a good website with fares and it is going to depend on wether you stay in Grindelwald or Interlaken as Grindelwald has a private railway service from Interlaken rather than SBB.

Interlaken is the main tourist area in the Bernese Oberland and has a variety of hotels up to 5-star.

The weather in the Alps are always difficult to be sure, but snow at the top-levels of the mountains may still be there.