We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Gstaad?

Which Gstaad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in Gstaad?

My husband and will be staying in montreux for 2 night and we r planning to visit Gruyreres ( do the choclate train route our selfs), we are not really interested in visiting the choc. factory , so we're thinking of going to Gstaad , but what can we do there ???

thanks

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,092 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in Gstaad?

Hi ummbuoor,

What do you like to do?

Gstaad has world-class shopping in its many upscale boutiques.

Gstaad also has the most gourmet restaurants of any little village that I've ever seen -- world-class dining, day and night.

Gstaad also has numerous biking and hiking paths. I went part way on the route from Bulle to Gstaad (I only went from Chateau d'Oex to Saanen), and it was absolutely gorgeous, especially around Rougemont. You can find the many hiking & biking options online at www.gstaad.ch.

You can also take a quick day-trip to Spiez and take a ferry ride on Lake Thun.

You can do the Hausweg path from Erlenbach and learn about the local architecture.

This is fast becoming my favorite area of Switzerland, and I'm spending two weeks in Chateau d'Oex in August. Can't wait!

Let me know if I can help further.

s

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,092 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in Gstaad?

Hi again,

Since you'll only be there for a few hours, you may want to take a cable car to a mountain peak and have a meal up there. Here's some information --

http://www.gstaad.ch/en/berge.htm

s

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in Gstaad?

Thanks Swandav ,

As you said we'll only be staying in Gstaad a few hours ,

I'm thinking of going to either Lauenen and seeing the lake OR taking the cable car to Wispile ... can you please give me ur opinion??

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,092 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in Gstaad?

Hi again,

No, unfortunately, I can't because I haven't done either of those things. I have only done a few walks, the cable car to Eggli, and the bike ride.

Good luck!

s

bern
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do in Gstaad?

I like the Rellerli mountain (cable car from Schoenbuel) most, but I think it depends on you if you prefere a beautiful lake down in the valley or to go up the mountains to get the panorama.

http://www.rellerli.ch/en/berge/rellerli.htm

Boston, USA
Level Contributor
49 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do in Gstaad?

Definitely go to Lauenen. It is a charming little village at the road - beautiful views, great food, and easy access to lots of walking. The Hotel Alpenland is a great place to stay, and the hotel Wildhorn has tasty food and fun live local music on the weekends.

7. Re: What to do in Gstaad?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, August 31, 2009