Wondering where we should walk with the twins this summer, anybody with good ideas? Somebody suggested this area on a Swedish forum, hence the question here.
The conditions are roughly:
- we're a couple aged about 40 but are quite experienced hikers
- we have twins each sitting in a backpack child carrier, they're 1.5 years old this summer
- start ready pack with twin and essentials for the day weighed approx 19 kgs in january's hikes in new zealand. They're not going to weigh less in 5-6 months time...
- Due to weight of day pack the rest of the luggage has to travel without us (bus, taxi, helicopter...), should we not return to the same hotel every day
- we can walk 3-6 effective hours per day but not 6 hours every day
- hills are OK but again due to weight not too much every day
- the terrain has to be reasonably easy, no scrambling or via ferrata
- it is an advantage if travelling to / from the hike is relatively easy, e g direct train / bus from airport
- preferrably we'd like to eat and drink well in the evenings
We can do day hikes from a base, and this is probably the easiest way. Where should we base ourselves in that case to find scenic day walks that'll keep us busy 4-5 days? We can of course always change base at some point.
But there is no denying that somehow the idea of travelling from point A to B over a couple of days is of some reason more attractive than walking from A to A, A to A, A to A... but then the luggage has to travel by its own. Feasible at all?
Thanx in advance!