Hi! There are 5 of us, including our 2 boys (age 17 & 20), and thinking of a trip in Switzerland for 10-12 nights in Feb 2018. We would like to see the beautiful scenery, villages and Alps. If possible, we prefer to use trains or buses and not self drive. We are looking into flying into Zurich and doing a loop-- Luerne, Interlaken, Bern, Montreux, Zermatt then back to Zurich for flight home.
1. Any recommendation on the route planning? How many nights in each location?
2. Is there any train/bus pass that is more value for money?
3. Is accommodation in the region of US$150 for a twin room possible in the places we plan to visit? We don't mind apartments too.
4. How much should we budget for lunch & dinners? We don't mind simple meals or fast food.
5. How's the driving condition in Feb?
Thank you for any help.