We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

boudry hotels

Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
boudry hotels

Hello,

I will be in Boudry near Neuchatel on July 9th and was wondering if anybody knew of any good places to stay?

USA/CH
Level Contributor
244 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: boudry hotels

Boudry is a very small town (approx. 5,000 people) and I am not even sure they have a hotel. I would recommend staying in Neuchatel. There is the Beau-Rivage or even the Palafitte but they're pricey, L'Ecluse is more affordable but I don't know anything about their rooms.

Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: boudry hotels

There are a couple of hotels in Boudry which I have found but it is hard to get information on them especially prices and availability. The two hotels I can find are Hotel de l'Areuse and Hotel du Lion d'Or .

The reason I want to stay in Boudry is that is my surname and my distant relatives come from that town so I would love to stay in the town itself.

Do you know of any good swiss resources that can help me with finding out more on accommodation in Boudry as the internet booking websites are not very helpful and do not have any prices or contact details. I have contacted the Neuchatel tourism board a few days ago but they are still to get back to me.

Thanks,

Emmy Boudry

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,796 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: boudry hotels

The first thing I looked at was www.boudry.ch... and there were contact details of two B&B's .

www.boudry.ch/general.asp/3-0-51-1-1035-2-0/

USA/CH
Level Contributor
244 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: boudry hotels

Sure, I can look into it, even call the hotels if you want me to. I'll get back to you later today.

USA/CH
Level Contributor
244 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: boudry hotels

I just tried to call l'Hôtel de l' Areuse and I couldn't get through. The Lion d'Or asked that I call back tomorrow because the owner who answered the phone wasn't on site and didn't know about availabilities on top of his head.

Hôtel de l' Areuse

Av du Collège 5, 2017 Boudry/NE

011 41 32 842 11 40

Hôtel du Lion d'Or

Avenue du Collège 2, 2017 Boudry/NE

011 41 32 842 10 16

I'd be happy to try again tomorrow if you'd like. Let me know how many nights and people you're looking at and I'll get a rate and availability for you as well as info on how to book.

Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: boudry hotels

Thankyou so much! that's very kind of you to help. :)

I am looking to stay in Boudry for two nights arriving on July 9th and leaving on July 11th.

Cheers,

Emmy

USA/CH
Level Contributor
244 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: boudry hotels

Emmy,

I am so sorry I didn't get back to you. My daughter has been sick and I haven't logged in. Can I still call them for you in the morning? I'd be happy to if it isn't too late.

Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: boudry hotels

That's ok. thanks for offering to help anyway. I tried to call the one that you couldn't get through for a couple of days and just kept getting a message that the line was congested and try again later.

The other one, which when you spoke to them he didn't know the availability off the top of his head wouldn't speak to me in English and as I can't speak french we didn't get anywhere.

I found a couple of B&B's in Boudry as well but one was full and the other had a disconnected phone number.

so.... I have managed to book a nice hotel in Neuchatel on the lake with a room with a view at the Hotel Touring Au Lac which is only 10 minutes from Boudry on the train so I will still go an visit for the day.

Thanks again for all your help,

Emmy Boudry

USA/CH
Level Contributor
244 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: boudry hotels

I am so glad you found a place to stay. NE is fun, you'll have a great time!

Wagga Wagga NSW...
Level Contributor
37 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: boudry hotels

EmmyB - We two older women are staying at the Hotel Touring au Lac for two nights at the end of May. We would be interested in hearing about your experience at this hotel. We will be arriving on the train at around 15.30 on a Sunday. Did you have any trouble with transport from the train station to the hotel? It looks to be too far to walk (with luggage)? Or has anyone else something to offer? We travel on to Paris by train at 09.00 on the Tuesday.