We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help in booking vacant holiday flat in lucerne

India
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need help in booking vacant holiday flat in lucerne

I plan to book a holiday flat in Lucerne for 5 days however, not able to figure out the addresses mentioned in the details of these flats.

I intend to stay close to the railway station/ lake will the following address suit my purpose (getting some good deals in this address):-

10 - 15 Gehminuten vom Zentrum ?

Can you suggest some other addresses suiting my criteria

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,220 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help in booking vacant holiday flat in lucerne

Hi dibi,

That's not an address -- that's German for "10-15 minutes from the center." So you'll be 10 or 15 minutes from the train station.

If you can post the link to the flat you're considering, we can help you find the actual address --

If this flat doesn't list its address, I'd find another flat!

Good luck!

s

Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,087 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help in booking vacant holiday flat in lucerne

You might wish to look at apartments available through SBB. The promotion is offering a 50 CHF voucher.

cmstravel.sbb.ch/en/spezialangebot/offers-pr…

India
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help in booking vacant holiday flat in lucerne

Getting some holiday flats in "LUZERN AN DER REUSS" resort complex at approx CHF 400/ week through the sbb website suggested. Will this location be close enough to the Lucerne railway station/ any other railway station (the website says there is a railway station inside the resort complex.

This being the first time I am actually trying to stay in a holiday home in Switzerland my key concern is that considering that I will be staying in peak winter season, do the rooms (in such holiday flats) have heating facilities ? Do they rooms provide blankets etc ? Can they be hired if not provided ? This issue is very critical for me because we are from a hot country and SWISS winter will be too cold for us unless the room has heating facilities/ arrangements

Can anyone advise me on this please

Switzerland
Level Contributor
605 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help in booking vacant holiday flat in lucerne

When homes are designed in Switzerland, it's a question on how to keep the heat in! We need our heat and our homes are heated very well.

You should be fine with the blankets or duvets they supply you with but you might want to mention your concern in an email to the apt. owners.

When are you in Lucerne? They have a wonderful Fasnacht during the last five days before lent.

Since Lucerne isn't IN the mountains, people really don't go to Lucerne for their winter holidays. Outside of Fasnacht and Christmas shopping, Lucerne shouldn't be too crowded at all.

India
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help in booking vacant holiday flat in lucerne

Thanks Olygirl for the feedback. I plan to be in Lucerne from 29th Dec till 3rd Jan (departure from Zurich in the evening). I plan to use Lucerne as the base to visit Interlaken, Zurich etc.

Do you have any suggestions on using another place as a base ? Considering that I have just 5 Nights and 6 days in Switzerland, I can't do much touring and restrict myself to the main places of interest.

Regarding your suggestion on contacting the aprtment owners on the issue of blankets etc, do you have any suggestions on any website (other than sbb) to find holiday flats in Lucerne

Thanks !!

6. Re: Need help in booking vacant holiday flat in lucerne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, August 18, 2009