We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CabriO Stanserhorn--Early morning or late afternoon(summer)

Houston, USA
Level Contributor
118 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
CabriO Stanserhorn--Early morning or late afternoon(summer)

We are planning a trip to Lucerne next July. We try to decide whether to ride the CabriO cable car in early morning (before 9am to avoid the crowds), or around 5pm (Friday/Saturday) to have dinner on the top. Is there a big difference on the scenery between the two options? Does it have a nice sunset? Does the afternoon have a higher chance of cloudiness? How crowded during late afternoon? Thanks!

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
15,301 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CabriO Stanserhorn--Early morning or late afternoon(summer)

Hi LittleBoyDaniel

For me Stanserhorn is a day excursion. I always have lunch at the restaurant at the top of the mountain (Aelplermaggronen). If you go up before lunch time it is normally less crowded and this is correct during the later afternoons. For more information see www.stanserhorn.ch

pore

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
38,919 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CabriO Stanserhorn--Early morning or late afternoon(summer)

The dish Pore refers to above - älplermagggronen - is wonderful. It is a MUCH improved version of Macaroni and Cheese. Has onions, potatoes and bascon bits in it and is served with an apple sauce. For years I wouldn't eat the apple sauce with it but now I have to admit to goes perfectly!! Try it!

Schwyz, Switzerland
Level Contributor
7,092 posts
526 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CabriO Stanserhorn--Early morning or late afternoon(summer)

Hi Hambagahle,

the dish served on Stanserhorn does not have bacon bits, this Central Switzerland version comes without meet

mum47

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
15,301 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CabriO Stanserhorn--Early morning or late afternoon(summer)

Yeah folks, there are regional differences, haha

pore

5. Re: CabriO Stanserhorn--Early morning or late afternoon(summer)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 25, 2014