We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt Pilatus tour from Lucerne.

Which Lucerne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Doha, Qatar
3 posts
Save Topic
Mt Pilatus tour from Lucerne.

Hi,

We are planning to travel in the month of September to Lucerne for 4 days. Planning to do the Jungfrau, Mt Titlis, Interlaken and Mt Pilatus excursions from Lucerne. Please can somebody advise if it is possible to buy the golden trip ticket to Mt Pilatus and for the other excursions on the same day from the Lucerne tourist office. I have read in the Lucerne tourist office website that tickets needs to be purchased atleast 10 days in advance. Is it true? or can it be purchased on the same day in the morning?

Thanks.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mt Pilatus tour from Lucerne.

Hi Moli

A better idea would be to purchase the tickets on the day from the Railway ticket office which is on the floor below where the trains arrive in Lucerne Railway station. I would not advise doing the Jungfrau from Lucerne - its at least 4 1/2 hours travel each way which will not give you very much time at the top. Would suggest either staying overnight in Interlaken and going up the Jungfrau from there (about 2 1/2 hours each way) or go up the local Mt Rigi from Lucerne instead.

Hope this is of help,

Susan

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,713 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mt Pilatus tour from Lucerne.

>I have read in the Lucerne tourist office website that tickets needs to be purchased atleast 10 days in advance. Is it true?

Probably if you want the tickets delivered to another country that is the time they estimate. If you come in person you can buy the tickets any time and it makes no sense to buy them before you have the weather forecast available (i.e. earliest the day before)

Doha, Qatar
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mt Pilatus tour from Lucerne.

Thank you Susan and Altamiro...the information that you both have given is really helpful..thanks a lot. Will consider staying in Interlaken for a day or two.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mt Pilatus tour from Lucerne.

IMO - if you are doing Jungfrau you can skip Titlis and instead do something else in the Interlaken area or do Mt. Rigi - its different from the other summits and its covered in Swiss Pass. If I am not mistaken if you have Swiss Pass, Mt. Rigi must be the cheapest and value for money attraction if you have Swiss Pass. With Rigi you can also cover cruising on Lake Lucerne.

5. Re: Mt Pilatus tour from Lucerne.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 10, 2014