We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train From Strasbourg to Lucerne (transfer in Basel)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Train From Strasbourg to Lucerne (transfer in Basel)

Hi all,

I want to take a train from Strasbourg to Lucerne on Sunday June 23 in the morning. I am looking for trains through raileurope.com and the suggested route transfers in Basel. The difference between when my train arrives at Basel and leaves Basel is 8 minutes. I am wondering...is this enough time? Is the train station relatively large? Will we need to change trains or does the train just stop in Basel for 8 minutes? We are concerned that 8 minutes will not give us enough time to figure out what we are doing. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

Haverhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train From Strasbourg to Lucerne (transfer in Basel)

It depends on where your train arrives. If you are on a through train to Zurich the train will stop in the main body of the station and you should make the connection. If you are on a train which terminates in Basel it is likely this will use the French section of this station and involve a fairly lengthy walk. If the latter is the case then try to get a seat in the front of the train or walk to the front when nearing Basel. Otherwise don't worry too much if you miss your connection the next departure to Luzern will be in about half an hour. www.rail.ch

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train From Strasbourg to Lucerne (transfer in Basel)

Thank you for your help!

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
14,539 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train From Strasbourg to Lucerne (transfer in Basel)

Hi sarb3ar

For train timetables from and to Switzerland and of course within I recommend to only use www.sbb.ch/en as there are all trains listed.

pore

4. Re: Train From Strasbourg to Lucerne (transfer in Basel)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 20, 2014