We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days in Zurich - what are the best places to visit

Which Lucerne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
12 posts
Save Topic
5 days in Zurich - what are the best places to visit

My party of 3 adults and a eleven month old baby will be staying in Zurich for 5 nights in eraly Mar 2013. Being the cold winter season and havong a young baby with us, can someone suggest an approriate itinerary ? We are lloking at Jungfrau, Interlaken, Lucern, Zurich zoo, Rhine falls etc.

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
13,212 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 days in Zurich - what are the best places to visit

Hi kgsSingapore

With only five nights and a baby I would recommend you stay in one base which is closer to the mountains than Zurich.

May is no more the cold winter, it is definitively springtime in the valleys.

Rhinefall - www.rheinfall.ch - is North of Zurich. You could visit it after arrival if your aircraft would arrive in the morning. After the visit collect your luggage from a locker where you left it before (for example at Winterthur) heading to the rhinefall. For timetables look at www.sbb.ch/en . The closest station to the rhinefall is RHEINFALL.

From there I would recommend you travel directly to Lucerne or where ever you choose to base yourself. For more information look at www.luyern.com and the Top Questions about Lucerne (upper right side of your actual screen).

Jungfrau is too far away from Lucerne and it is too high for a baby I think. There are more options near Lucerne. Instead of the zoo at Zurich you could visit the park at Goldau - www.tierpark.ch -, close to the Arth/Goldau railway station. This is a short trip from Lucerne.

Happy planning

pore

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,666 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 days in Zurich - what are the best places to visit

pore....unless there was a typing error, the poster was asking about Mar (March) and not May.

canada
Level Contributor
7,460 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 days in Zurich - what are the best places to visit

Early March -- don't expect a lot of water flowing over the Falls.

Lucerne definitely.

The warmest place in Switzerland at this time should be Ticino. So go to Lugano for 2 days. May be an excursion to Melide to see Switzerland in miniature.

London, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 days in Zurich - what are the best places to visit

From Google I find a one possible place to visit is BAHNHOFSTRASSE shopping area in Zurich, is one of the world best. I am not expert,and also have plan to visit Zurich and would like to visit BAHNHOFSTRASSE.

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 days in Zurich - what are the best places to visit

I would not go to Zurich zoo. It is good, but it's very expensive and you're child will be too young to enjoy it. When I've lived in Zurich, we always had a annual ticket for the zoo and went there very often with my son, even when he was at that age, but he really only started to enjoy it when he was almost two.

6. Re: 5 days in Zurich - what are the best places to visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 20, 2014