We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Round trip on a cruise in Lake Lucerne

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Round trip on a cruise in Lake Lucerne

Hi all!

Was wondering how long is the journey for a round trip in Lake Lucerne (with the start and end point at somewhere near Lucerne railway station?). Is there sucha trip and what is the name of the "point" of departure and arrival?

I'm relatively confused with all the information from http://www.lakelucerne.ch.

Thanks much!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Round trip on a cruise in Lake Lucerne

To add on:

Should I take a trip from Luzern and end at Flüelen, or the other way round? Are there anything much in Flüelen? I intend to stay the rest of my day in Lucerne after the boat ride.

canada
Level Contributor
7,844 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Round trip on a cruise in Lake Lucerne

The boat trip to Fluelen takes half a day.

I don't know if the gemstone shed is still around at Fluelen.

Definitely you can take the train back to Lucerne.

An alternative route is to get off at Brunnen, visit the town, take the train to Arth-Goldau, change to Rigibahn for Rigi Kulm, later, at Rigi Kaltbad, return to Lucerne via Vitznau (cogwheel train) or Weggis (cable and bus) by boat. The scenery during the boat ride changes according to time of day, due to direction of the sun.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Round trip on a cruise in Lake Lucerne

Im thinking of doing the following in a day, not sure if it's feasible

Zzurich - Mt Rigi - Lake Lucerne. I know it's quite a hassle in travelling from Mt Rigi back to Lucerne, and noted that there's a Ferry option of travelling back to Lucerne via Vitznau. Am wondering if the ferry route is somehow similar to those ferry rides in lake lucerne?

Thanks!

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
15,301 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Round trip on a cruise in Lake Lucerne

Hi pinnpinn

The Mt. Rigi roundtrip is very easy to do from Zurich. You can purchase a roundtrip ticket if you would not have a Swiss Pass (which would cover the entire roundtrip).

For more Information look at the Top Questions about Lucerne (TA Lucerne forum, mountain excursion).

You can find the Mt. Rigi timetables on www.rigi.ch/en/navpage.cfm… (cogwheel Trains and boats are very good connected, no hassle).

pore

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Round trip on a cruise in Lake Lucerne

Thanks pore.

I'm aware that it's a relatively easy trip down from Zurich, but I wanna factor in Lake Lucerne as well. So not sure if it's feasible.

Wimborne Minster...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
6,489 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Round trip on a cruise in Lake Lucerne

As pore has said the Mt Rigi round trip is easy. Train from Zurich to Arth-Goldau (40/50 minutes). 'Blue' cog railway up to Rigi Kulm. Spend time there. 'Red' cog railway down to Vitznau. Or 'red' cog railway or walk down to Rigi Kaltbad and cable car down to Weggis. Boat from either Vitznau or Weggis to Lucerne. Spend time there. Train from Lucerne to Zurich (45/58 minutes).

There is only one ferry company operating on Lake Lucerne. You can get all the information you need at:-

www.lakelucerne.ch/en.html

www.sbb.ch/en/home.html

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Round trip on a cruise in Lake Lucerne

Thanks for the reply! Am wondering if the ferry trip from vitznau will be as good as those "official" ones as reflected on the lake lucerne website? Or they are somehow, the same.

Thanks!

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
15,301 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Round trip on a cruise in Lake Lucerne

This is part of the "official ones". From Vitznau to Lucerne is one of the most scenic parts of lake Lucerne.

pore

Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Round trip on a cruise in Lake Lucerne

Yes, as pore says, they are all "official" boats. Whether you take the complete tour from Lucerne to Flüelen or just the little bit between Lucerne and Vitznau, you will be on the same boat. There are any number of places around the lake where you can get on and off, but it's all part of the same "official" network.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Round trip on a cruise in Lake Lucerne

Hi,

I will be based in Lucerne, so what's the best possible round trip route to Mt. Rigi?

Thanks.