We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sledding on mt pilatus, how long does it take?

Maryland
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
sledding on mt pilatus, how long does it take?

Hi there - my wife and I will be planning on visiting Pilatus for sledding on Sat or Sun and we were curious how long it generally takes to sled down from Frakmuntegg to Krienseregg to Kriens? I see that it takes about 30min total to take the cable car up, but can't seem to get a grasp as to how long it takes to do the sledding runs down (on average) - anyone know?

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
15,301 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sledding on mt pilatus, how long does it take?

Hi jrinco11

There are different possibilities - see pilatus.ch/en/… -. The time it needs depends on which one you want to take and how fast you want to sledge down.

pore

Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
34 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sledding on mt pilatus, how long does it take?

When you do Pilatus, come back and tell us how it was.

Maryland
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sledding on mt pilatus, how long does it take?

I'm a bit late to respond, but better late than never! Pilatus was awesome for sledding, however, Krienseregg to Kriens was closed due it being too wet - once we'd get to Krienseregg, we had to walk about 15-20 minutes to the lift to get back up, so that was a bummer. However, the run from Frakmuntegg was great fun and I'd definitely go back. It takes about 30-45 minutes from Frakmuntegg to the place we had to stop at Krienseregg from what I remember, so I'd expect another 30-45 to get all the way to Kriens.

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
15,301 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sledding on mt pilatus, how long does it take?

Great, thank you for your feedback

pore

5. Re: sledding on mt pilatus, how long does it take?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 04, 2014