We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lucerne in a day?

Which Lucerne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
essex, england
Level Contributor
182 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Lucerne in a day?

I am currently planning our trip to Italy next year, we have stayed outside Lucerne as a stopover before however this time would like to arrange to see the lake and a mountain trip. Is one day enough to see the lake, the town and a trip up a mountain? not sure if this would be too much ?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
296 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Lucerne in a day?

One more question, would you recommend to go Sunday or Monday. I know many museums are closed Monday but the shopping is closed Sunday. Thanks!

Jo

Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
34 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Lucerne in a day?

What in the response do find inappropriate?

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
13,198 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Lucerne in a day?

Hi Jo

There will be more tourists on a Sunday, Monday will be quiter at Mt. Rigi. The main purpose should be which day you have better weather for the views.

pore

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
296 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Lucerne in a day?

Thanks Pore! I guess we will look at the weather once we get there. I really appreciate your help!

Jo

Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
34 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Lucerne in a day?

One day in Lucerne. Then an excursion to Mt. Rigi gives you all the options to see the 320+ Swiss peaks and experience one of the world's most panoramic views. On Trip Advisor's "Things to Do" site, click on attractions and activities to help you plan that one day.

If you have a choice to go up and see the Swiss Alp scenery vs the Swiss Transport Museum.....it's definitely up on one of the Mountains.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Lucerne in a day?

Im intending to spend a day in Lucerne as well. Here is my plan, please comment!

Zurich - mt rigi - lake lucerne - walk aroung Lucerne.

I understand that it's pretty inconvenient to travel from Mt rigi back to Lucerne, and there's an alternative in taking a train, then boat ride back to Lucerne from Mt rigi. Will that be equivalent to talking a lake lucerne boat ride?

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
13,198 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Lucerne in a day?

pinnpinn, please open your own post. There is less risk that you get oversean.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
33,435 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Lucerne in a day?

Pore means to say that you should start a new thread...so we can focus on your questions and not gt all tied up by answering you and others at the same time!

29. Re: Lucerne in a day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 10, 2014