We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus/taxi from lucerne to zurich airport

Which Lucerne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Topic
bus/taxi from lucerne to zurich airport

Hi,

i will be at lucerne for 2 nites and will depart switzerland for helsinki on Wednesday,14 Nov.

we are worried of our heavy luggages as it seems the trains have steps. we are travelling 3 ladies and worried we unable to carry our luggages up the train.

can advice us any alternative like taxi, bus or airport shuttle? if yes, how much.

on our last our swiss pass hv ended.

appreciate your help. thank you

rgds

jana

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
12,939 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus/taxi from lucerne to zurich airport

Hi jana

The only economical way to go to the airport is the train. There are no steps at Lucerne and at Zurich airport to enter in the train.

Taxi is very expensive. A shuttle would cost you (propably around CHF 250 or more). I would go by train, it's easy from Lucerne - no change trains see www.sbb.ch/en -.

pore

Singapore
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: bus/taxi from lucerne to zurich airport

hi pore,

thx for your advice. glad to know it will be without steps..cos most of the trains we took frm interlaken west to zermatt, geneva were with steps.

. i hv checked the schedule it will be IR2314..how much will be the tickers.price..i cant see the price as im checking using my phone.

once again thank you for your help, pore

tgds

jana

how much the tickets from lucerne

Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus/taxi from lucerne to zurich airport

Second class full price is 27 CHF.

Singapore
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: bus/taxi from lucerne to zurich airport

hi pore,

thank you for your advice.noted on the ticket fair. we will now take the train from lucerne direct to zurich airport since there will be no steps at the train.

but noted in the sbb website they advised to take the IR3154 train frm lucerne tozurich hb instead as the direct train will be crowded in the morning.

whats your advice on this? will the direct train crowd be tat bad? our pouch jus got stolen at Aigle stn during evening crowd. loss our swiss pass and some money and we got to buy another swiss pass.

thank you

rgds

jana

thank you

rgds

jana

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,939 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bus/taxi from lucerne to zurich airport

I'm sorry for that Jana. I did not look what time this train leaves but I would anyway take the direct train. If you are at the railway station early enough there should be no problem to get seats. I touk these trains often from Zug and never had serious problems.

Whach your items where ever you are. Unfortunately picpockets are everywhere actually.

Have a safe trip

pore

Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bus/taxi from lucerne to zurich airport

It's the train that leaves Luzern at 07:10.

Yes, it will be very crowded, because it will be full of people going to work in Zurich. But the train starts from Luzern so, provided you get there 15 minutes early, it will be empty when you get on.

They often add two or three extra coaches to this rush-hour train; these extra coaches are*not* flat entry.

Singapore
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: bus/taxi from lucerne to zurich airport

thxx a lot pore..! yes we are now getting extra careful everywhr we go.

we will be at Switzerland till Wed morning before we head for helsinki.. we glad to know there is no steps for lucerne to zurich airport.

now we are jus worried for interlaken to lucerne. i hv jus post at interlaken forum for assistance.

thx you.

rgds

jana

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,939 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bus/taxi from lucerne to zurich airport

Hi amucu

It's difficult to say if you will have flat entry in the waggons at Interlaken as they did not get all the new trains ordered until now. Once they got them, there will be nomore such problem on the fast trains (they do not run faster but stop less).

pore

Singapore
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: bus/taxi from lucerne to zurich airport

hi pore,

advised to take fron interlaken ost which is flat entry and direct to lucerne :)

thxx for your help

rgds

jana

10. Re: bus/taxi from lucerne to zurich airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 24, 2013