We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best pass for travel

Boston...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
best pass for travel

hi

We are family of 5 - 4 adults and 1 youth , just turned 26 in feb .

I ahve 2 questions- 1. For the youth as she just turned 26 can we use youth pass or it will be adult ?

2. We are going to stay for 9 days and 8 nights at lucerne. Plan to visit - interlaken , mt titlis, pilatus, lucern city , zurich , rhine waterfalls, zunfraugh ,and would like suggestions. No hiking .

I was thinking of buying swizz pass 1 for 2 for 4 days , and then for the next 4 days - should i buy lucerne area pass or another set of 4 day swiss pass? I was thinking that maybe for the last 4 days we can plan to see the local area and things in the region.

would like to know that would it be cheaper, and is there a place i can find out more about local lucern area pass.

what all can i cover in the local pass ?

and after this will be left with one more day , mostly plan to travel back to zurich airport from lucern - what is the cheapest way to do this?

One of us has to go to germany from zurich , so whats the best way for that also.?

Thank you !!!!

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
2,383 posts
646 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best pass for travel

Hi,

A good place to start your research to perhaps satisfy some of your question/s is;

(and then return to this Forum with some specific questions)

www.Seat61.com for all information on train travel.

Safe Travels!

Edited: 4:39 am, September 08, 2012
Boston...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: best pass for travel

Can someone please help figuring out the pass thing? Should I buy 2 sets of 4 day Swiss pass or 1 set plus 1 set of tell pass for lucerne area?

Fisherville CAN
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best pass for travel

Your 26 year old is classed as an adult in Switzerland.

As for passes, try this site.http://www.swisstravelsystem.com/en/tickets-en/swiss-pass-en.html

It will give you a rundown on the various different passes if you are travelling by train. If you are renting a car, I would use the half fare card. Its what I and my family use when we travel Switzerland.

Hope this helps

Edited: 7:09 am, September 16, 2012
4. Re: best pass for travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, September 28, 2013