We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in July

Leeds
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in July

Hi everyone

Just wondering what the weather is like in early July around Lucerne? Is it mainly sunny or does the area get a lot of rain? what type of clothing will we need?

Thanks

May

Mentioned in this post
Lucerne
Lucerne
Canton of Lucerne, Switzerland
Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,353 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in July

Central Switzerland is slightly sunnier and warmer than Leeds, but the difference is not pronounced. This means you have to be prepared for either.

Coconut Creek...
Level Contributor
157 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in July

We have been 3 times in July. The weather has been wonderful. We have had to layer at times but the sun is out after the fog burns off. The nights have been cool as well as early morning.

Mary Joe

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
40,466 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in July

It all depends on the summer we are having. So far the winter has been awful and the spring up and down with fewer sunny days than normal and lots and lots of rain. So if this continues the summer will be wet too. Who knows? If I did I could make a lot of money!

Assume temperatures in the daytime to be at least 18C and perhaps up to 30C. Assume that it will rain, and that there will be sunny days. Then you are ready for whatever Mother Nature serves up!!

A good (short term) site for Swiss weather is www.meteosuisse.com More long term (up to 2 weeks) I have found www.accuweather.com to be quite good.

4. Re: Weather in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:30 am, December 01, 2010