We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Art Deco Montana vs. Hotel Wilden-Mann

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
38 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Art Deco Montana vs. Hotel Wilden-Mann

I've narrowed it down to these 2 hotels. Do I go for a lake view at the Montana or a Deluxe room at the Wilden-Mann. No difference in price. 2 nights stay.

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
3,101 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Art Deco Montana vs. Hotel Wilden-Mann

I think both hotels are really nice. Choose the Wilden Mann if you prefer to stay downtown. Montana is above downtown but offers a beautifull view over the lake and a unique art deco style.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
20 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Art Deco Montana vs. Hotel Wilden-Mann

My husband and I just returned from Lucerne. In our opinion the Montana would be a nicer place to stay. The lake view is stunning and a hotel location away from the crowds and traffic is a plus. The Montana is still within walking distance to everything.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
38 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Art Deco Montana vs. Hotel Wilden-Mann

Thanks! The Montana it is. I'll be there 2 nights, any restaurant recommendations?

Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
1,336 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Art Deco Montana vs. Hotel Wilden-Mann

Dear Travelingcher:

I have always wanted to stay at the Hotel Wildenmann. What a charming hotel! Even if you don't choose to stay there, be sure to have a meal there.

The Wildenmann is close to the river and is in a very atmospheric part of Lucerne. It would have a more traditional atmosphere and decoration, so your choice might come down to decor and whether you want a lake view. It's hard to go wrong in Lucerne, it is such a special city.

Enjoy!