We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our stay in Lucerne

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
216 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Our stay in Lucerne

We arrived back from Lucerne just over a week ago and I would like to say what a lovely time we had and thank everyone on this forum for the advice and tips we gleaned before going. We stayed at the Montana Hotel (review posted) and could not really fault it for service, location and wonderful views over the lake. We spent one day just looking around Lucerne - the shops, bridges, Lion, City walls etc and found so much to see. We spent most of the next day on a visit to Rigi, which was pretty cold and snowy but sunny and again great views and we enjoyed the boat ride, the train ride up the mountain and the trails at Rigi Kaltbad and the cable car back to Weggis. We again went on the boat next day for a trip up to Burgenstock by funicular. As on Rigi it was fairly quiet but we liked the walks up there. We returned to Lucerne and visited the Bourbaki Panorama which was really interesting.

We ate at the restaurant in our hotel one night and at the Hofgarten Hotel another night as their food is all vegetarian. Both were good and we also liked the Heini cafes and their delicious pastries.

We found travelling on the boats and trains a particularly pleasant experience too.

I am sure we shall be back again in Switzerland one day as we loved the country.

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,218 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our stay in Lucerne

Hi Myshkin,

Thank you for the report; sounds like a lovely trip.

Hope to bump into you on an Alp someday!

s

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
216 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our stay in Lucerne

Maybe swandav as I am always drawn to the mountains!

It certainly was a fantastic trip for me and my daughter.

3. Re: Our stay in Lucerne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, September 27, 2009