We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt. Pilatus or Rigi or Titlis or ?

Which Lucerne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, NC
3 posts
Save Topic
Mt. Pilatus or Rigi or Titlis or ?

After reading review after review on how beautiful the sunrises/sunsets were on top of Mt. Rigi, we thought we would give it a try. However, after the Rigi Kulm hotel apparently went under renovations and no longer has a dormitory, they are about 250 SFR a night and out of our 100-150 SFR budget, we aren't sure what to do.

Of the three mountains outside of Lucerne (Pilatus, Rigi, Titlis), which one offers the best views if you can only go to one. Also, are there any other lodging options on top of any of these three mountains that would offer the great sunrises/sunsets that we keep reading about?

And finally, can Lucerne and one of these three mountains be done in one day or is there enough to do to spread it out to two? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
8,862 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mt. Pilatus or Rigi or Titlis or ?

Try the Berghotel PIlatus Kulm, the more rustic of the two hotels up on Mt. Pilatus. For CHF 125 per person, you get a double room (with bath down the hall), plus dinner and breakfast, and transport up and back down. So the cost is still CHF 250, but with meals and transport included

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mt. Pilatus or Rigi or Titlis or ?

There are several hotel options on Mt. Rigi and I'm sure you can find an accommodation which suits your budget. I suggest you check www.rigi.ch, where you can even book your hotel online.

While there is no accommodation on Mt. Titlis, there are 2 hotels on top of Mt. Pilatus. Infos on www.pilatus.ch.

I guess sunrise and sunset are equally nice on all of those mountains...

Charlotte, NC
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mt. Pilatus or Rigi or Titlis or ?

Thanks for the info guys, it is much appreciated. Please feel free to post anything else, the more information the better, and I still haven't made up my mind. Thanks.

4. Re: Mt. Pilatus or Rigi or Titlis or ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, August 30, 2009