We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can i buy tell pass at zurich airport at 8.35 am?

7 posts
Save Topic
Can i buy tell pass at zurich airport at 8.35 am?

Hi. I will arrive at zurich airport by 8.35 am. So, is the counter to buy tell pass already open? Should i buy at the airport, or the train station? Please help to advice the location to buy this tell pass and train ticket from zurich to zug, as this is not covered in tell pass. Thank you so much....

8 replies to this topic
India
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can i buy tell pass at zurich airport at 8.35 am?

Yes, you will be able to buy at the airport train station, at 0835 am. I don't remember the exact levels that you have to go down, but then everything is marked. just follow the train signage. Very convenient to follow !

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
16,551 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can i buy tell pass at zurich airport at 8.35 am?

Hi Zakira M

You just follow the train pictograms. They will guide you to the railway station which is below the airport.

If you buy your Tell Pass - www.tellpass.ch/en - at the Zurich-Airport railway station you can get a discount for on your ticket to Zug - www.zug-tourismus.ch/en and Top Questions about Zug (TA Zug forum) - or any place within Central Switzerland.

pore

Mentioned in this post
Zurich Airport
Zurich Airport
Zurich, Switzerland
Zug
Zug
Canton of Zug, Switzerland
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Can i buy tell pass at zurich airport at 8.35 am?

Thanks pore! One more question, is it possible to buy a return ticket (zurich-zug-zurich) that will be valid for two days? Or should i buy separate tix?

7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Can i buy tell pass at zurich airport at 8.35 am?

Thank u so much rajiv!

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,551 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can i buy tell pass at zurich airport at 8.35 am?

Hi Zakira M

Are you saying that you will stay one night only in the area? In this case I do not think a Tell Pass would be of great help. You need to do the math if point to point tickets would not be more efficient.

Return tickets have the same price as two one way tickets.

pore

7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Can i buy tell pass at zurich airport at 8.35 am?

This is my plan

1. Frankfurt - zurich : flight arrive by 8.35am on saturday

2. Zurich - luzern : by train on 9.47 am (i check the schedule from sbb), Check in at luzern hotel, (probably just leave my luggage at the reception counter since the hotel i'll stay check in time is by 3pm)

3. Luzern-vitznau by boat, vitznau to rigi kulm by cogwheel, rigi kulm to kaltbad walking, kaltbad to weggis by cable car, weggis to luzern by boat (12 pm - 7pm) i already check all schedule

4. Check out on sunday morning, keep my luggage at hotel, Pick up luggage by late evening

5. Luzern to engelberg by train, then go up to kleintitilis, spent some time up there, then go back to engelberg. If i got more energy and time, i'll take the train from engelberg to kussnacht, spend a bit time at kussnacht, then back again to my hotel at luzern, take my luggage (7am-7pm)

6. Luzern - zurich oerlikon : 7pm onwards, off tu oerlikon

5. Stay at zurich for 6 nights (working)

Basically, i only have 2 days to spent for sight seeing. So im planning to buy the 2 days tell pass for this two days.

Is this a good idea pore? Or do you have a better idea for me?

Mentioned in this post
Frankfurt
Frankfurt
Hesse, Germany
Zurich
Zurich
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Lucerne
Lucerne
Canton of Lucerne, Switzerland
Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,551 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can i buy tell pass at zurich airport at 8.35 am?

Yes, this could work. You will be busy.

Instead of going to Küssnacht I would spend my free time at Lucerne which has a beautiful old town while the scenic part of Küssnacht is small.

pore

Mentioned in this post
Lucerne
Lucerne
Canton of Lucerne, Switzerland
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Can i buy tell pass at zurich airport at 8.35 am?

If thats so, i will spent more time in lucerne on Sunday evening. thank you so much!

Reply to: Can i buy tell pass at zurich airport at 8.35 am?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted