We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Rain

Seems like coming week is going to rain frequently in Lucerne.

Is it going to rain so badly that all our plans could have to be cancelled of going to Titlis and Rigi.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
10,148 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain

Weather forecasts in mountainous countries are not reliable more than 48 hours in advance so no one really knows what next week will bring. It could rain all day with low cloud and then it's not worth going up a mountain. On the other hand it may just be short showers with sun between.

Have a list of what you want to do and then decide on the day what is suitable for the weather on that day. Don't have a set itinerary, have a plan A B and C.

Have waterproof clothing and it's still possible to enjoy your holiday even in the rain. There's no such thing as bad weather only bad clothing.

Enjoy.

Canton of Valais...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
42,750 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain

Right now we have a very annoying weather pattern. It is cold and rainy. Won't rain all day, probably though. Look at the hour by hour forecasts the night beforehand. Use www.landi.ch for their radar which shows actual rainfaill plus projected rainfall and is very reliable. BUT you do need to know on the map what you want to look at.

We have October temperatures and weather in September. Sorry about that but not much we can do.

Canton of Schwyz...
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
16,751 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain

Hi FhdMhd

Even 2 days forecasts are not very reliable actually as the weather situation is so unclear. Best is to look out of the window and to watch Swiss TV (first program) in the early morning and to start as soon as you can. Have waterproof items on hand. It is also recommended to have a plan B if ever the sights would not be clear on the mountain tops - see Top Questions about Lucerne (TA Lucerne forum) -

Actually we have great sunshine with a few clouds around. It is very cool but it would be a great day to go to the mountain tops.

pore

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain

i was zurich it dizzled and i loved it

boston
Level Contributor
134 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain

The two days I recently spent in Lucerne were rainy and dismal. The rest of my 2 week trip I enjoyed beautiful weather. So we didn't get to go on any mountain excursion in Lucerne. We still walked around and took a ferry, as the rain was light earlier in the day, and got worse as the day went on.

As for the weather in general, there is nothing you can do about it. So you have to make the best of it.

6. Re: Rain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 23, 2018