We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days 3 nights for Mt Rigi, Mt Pilatus and Mt Titlis

Singapore, Singapore
10 posts
Save Topic
4 days 3 nights for Mt Rigi, Mt Pilatus and Mt Titlis

Hi

I will arrive at Zurich airport on 15th Sept early in morning 7 am. Plan to visit Mt Rigi, Mt Pilatus and Mt Titlis. I will be taking a flight to London on 18th Sept at nigh 9 pm. Please advise whether the base for my visits as follows ideal:-

Choice A :-

15th Sept - 17th Sept (To visit Mt Rigi and Mt Pitalus)

- Arrive at Zurich, intend to go straight to Lucerne and stay in hotel for 2 nights.

or

- Stay at BnB @ Unterstockstrasse, Steinerberg, Schwyz 6416, Switzerland for 2 nights

or

- Stay 1 night @ Unterstockstrasse, Steinerberg, Schwyz 6416, Switzerland and stay 1 night at

Lucerne hotel.

17th - 18th Sept (To visit Mt Titlis)

- Stay at hotel @ Engelberg.

Choice B :-

- Stay all 3 nights @ Unterstockstrasse, Steinerberg, Schwyz 6416, Switzerland

If my above choice is not favourable, please advise best arrangement for stays.

Rgds

Suzanna

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
14,434 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days 3 nights for Mt Rigi, Mt Pilatus and Mt Titlis

Hi Suzanna

I would choose the option to stay at Lucerne as your excursions are much easier to do from there.

pore

Singapore, Singapore
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 days 3 nights for Mt Rigi, Mt Pilatus and Mt Titlis

Hi Pore

Thanks for your advise. Please tell me how far is Mt Rigi to Mt Pitalus? Can I do 2 mountains in 1 day?

As for Mt Titlis I understand from all forum that need as least 1 day to enjoy. Therefore, decide to stay at Engelberg for the night to save my time travelling back to Lucerne. Do you agree?

Rgds

Suanna

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
14,434 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 days 3 nights for Mt Rigi, Mt Pilatus and Mt Titlis

Hi Suzanna

Technically it would be possible to visit two mountains in one day but I can not recommend this as you would be in a rush. Take your time for sightseeing and enjoy the mountains, it is your vacation.

It is up to you if you would like to stay at Engelberg for one night. I would not do that as there is enough time left to move back to Lucerne or the closer area.

Both, Mt. Rigi and Mt. Pilatus, can be combined with a cruise on the lake which I would really not like to miss.

Have a great time

pore

4. Re: 4 days 3 nights for Mt Rigi, Mt Pilatus and Mt Titlis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 10, 2014