We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheaper optiion then cable car for Titlis

goa
Level Contributor
33 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
cheaper optiion then cable car for Titlis

i am traveling on a budget and will be staying at Lucerne for 2 nights and three days.

i intend doing day trips to Engelberg, Mt. Titlis on one Day and Mt. Pilatus on One day. i checked the cable car rates and 86 CHF seems too steep. is there a more economical alternative?

I am also interested in snow. what are the chances that i may get to experince it in mid May.

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
14,993 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheaper optiion then cable car for Titlis

No nalin83, there is no alternative, except if you would have any Swiss Pass - www sbb.ch/en and www.swisstravelsystem.ch -.

pore

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,983 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheaper optiion then cable car for Titlis

Of course there is a cheaper alternative - a pair of sturdy hiking boots. And a good stamina of course.

Otherwise, what did you expect?

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,898 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheaper optiion then cable car for Titlis

Yes, there will be loads of snow around in mid may.

goa
Level Contributor
33 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheaper optiion then cable car for Titlis

Thank you all. your response was very helpful.

NY/NJ
Level Contributor
58 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cheaper optiion then cable car for Titlis

Hi pore, hope you can help me again.

what is the closest stop i can get to from Titlis using the Swiss pass? From sbb.ch it looks like I can get to Kleintitlis using this route. Lucerne-Engelberg train, walk to Engelberg BET, Gondola to Trübsee and Cableway to Kleintitlis. But on the Titlis website, it says Trubsee to Titlis is CHF65.

titlis.ch/en/…prices_titlis

So with the Swiss saver pass, would the price be CHF 32.5 or can I get to Titlis using just the Swiss saver pass?

6. Re: cheaper optiion then cable car for Titlis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 17, 2014