We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Schedules

Miami
1 post
Save Topic
Train Schedules

I am interested in several day trips by train from Geneva, but I can not find a schedule of towns and cities that the trains travel to. Does anyone know where i can find a listing of trains schedules from Geneva?

Mentioned in this post
Geneva
Geneva
Canton of Geneva, Switzerland
Haverhill, United...
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Schedules

www.rail.ch

Haverhill, United...
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train Schedules

To expand on my previous posting. Geneva is situated at the extreme south western tip of Switzerland sorounded by France on three sides, so any swiss travel involves an eastern bound journey whether by boat or train.

If you have a look at www.rail.ch and search for a map you will have some idea of the places within the Geneva region also do a search on this site and you will find a lot of information.

Mentioned in this post
Geneva
Geneva
France
France
Europe
Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,347 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train Schedules

>I am interested in several day trips by train from Geneva, but I can not find a schedule of towns and cities that the trains travel to. Does anyone know where i can find a listing of trains schedules from Geneva?

No. Because there is no such thing. There are several thousands of train stations in Switzerland.

You have to work from the premise that any town or village has a good public transport access, decide on your destination, and then check at www.sbb.ch (= www.rail.ch) how exactly to reach the destination.

Mentioned in this post
Geneva
Geneva
4. Re: Train Schedules

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, August 21, 2009