We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Showers?

Which Geneva hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Showers?

I'm running the marathon in Geneva in May and will need a shower somewhere afterwards. I will have already checked out of my hotel. Does anyone know where I could take one, a sports centre maybe, or beach. Thanks

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
34,150 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Showers?

There are showers at the airport in the Transit area. You pay for them of course. If you want to get a shower in town then probably the best place to go is the Bains de Paquis. You will have to pay the entrance to the baths.

www.bains-des-paquis.ch

Showers available at any of the open swimming pools too. I have no idea where the marathon finishes but there is a large public swimming pool at les Vernets

ville-geneve.ch/plan-ville/…

Hope you enjoy the Marathon!

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Showers?

Thank you for your information

The marathon finishes at the Pont de Mont Blanc

I will see what is closest to there. Thanks

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
34,150 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Showers?

OK - that makes it easy! The Bains de Paquis are only 500m or so along the lakefront from there (same side of the lake as the main station). I suggest you go there.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,453 posts
507 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Showers?

Yes, Bains des Paquis makes sense. The other option is to see if your hotel could help you even if you are checked out.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Showers?

Thanks for your help

I'm looking forward to my first visit to geneva!

Coventry, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Showers?

I would be travelling from Interlaken to Genneva, from where I would be going to Paris.

I am planning to visit Gennev only for one day & avoid staying their & continue in night to Paris.

Can I drop the luggage at some cloak room in morning, what are its approx charges per hour ?

What are its timings ? Do the cloak rooms also have some place where I could refresh , take shower & then vist Geneva city ?

Could any one help with this info.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
34,150 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Showers?

You can leave luggage at a locker in the station in Geneva. Cost is around 10frs/day. There are no showers in the station. (At least not at present, but the "new" station is about to be unveiled. Maybe the new "McClean" has showers...)

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,453 posts
507 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Showers?

@Hambagahle: I am wondering whether there will be again showers at the station. After all, with no more night train, would it be really making sense? (please note I have no information - this is only speculations).

@Asif: There are many trains per day from Interlaken to Geneva and from Geneva to Paris. So you can make the scheduling of your choice. Details: http://www.sbb.ch/en

9. Re: Showers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 25, 2015