We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Days in Geneva

New York City, New...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
3 Days in Geneva

Hi All! I will be visiting Geneva at the end of June with my husband. I have never been and looking to make the most out of our time. We are open to day trips. Could you please give us some advice. We are looking for a mix of active and culturally things to do.

London
Destination Expert
for Verbier
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 Days in Geneva

If you look up to the right of your posting you will see 2 links - things to do in Geneva, and day trips from Geneva (kind of pre-prepared answers by the forum). Take a look, and when you have some specific thoughts about what interests you, I am sure you can get lots of help here.

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 Days in Geneva

You might like to consider a day trip for one of your days. Some nice options to consider include taking the train to Montreux, exploring the famous Chateau de Chillon, strolling along the lake promenade and if it's a nice day, taking the train up to the Rochers de Naye for some mountain air.

Alternatively, you might like to go to the Gruyere region. Train to Lausanne, train to Palezieux, train to the town of Gruyeres. There you can visit a demonstration cheese dairy, explore the walled medieval town ont the hill, visit the chateau and or the HR Giger museum (of Alien fame). You can also take the train to the Cailler chocolate factory at Broc.

There are lots of other options, but those are two to get you started.

You can easily plan day trips on public transport using www.sbb.ch/en

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
13 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 Days in Geneva

the Saleve is a feasible day trip, reachable by urban bus from the centre, if you like hiking and nice views I recommend it.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
37,178 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 Days in Geneva

As JT14 says, all the info you need is in the two articles - Sightseeing in Geneva and Day Trips from Geneva.

Here are the specific links:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g188057-c127289/Gen…

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g1880

57-s407/Geneva:Switzerland:Day.Trips.html

5. Re: 3 Days in Geneva

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 20, 2015