We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying around Geneva

Which Geneva hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
1 post
Save Topic
Staying around Geneva

Hi there..

I was planning to come to Geneva in first week of december 2013...Can anyone suggest if I can stay at Ferney Voltaire as I am attending a conference near Plapaxo/airport for four days. Would it be feasible and safe to stay there.

thanks in advance..

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva
Level Contributor
871 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying around Geneva

Yes shouldn't be a problem. However note that public transport in France is significantly worse than in Switzerland and whilst there's a regular bus service to Geneva from Ferney centre, some of the hotels are outside Ferney and transportation may eat up any savings you are making on your room. Check with the hotel if they offer shuttles.

No problem with safety on the French side.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,441 posts
477 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying around Geneva

Main issue will be public transport. Other than that, check tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g196701-Ferney_Voltai…

3. Re: Staying around Geneva

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 26, 2014