We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip to Geneve

Which Geneva hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wales
Level Contributor
293 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trip to Geneve

We are planning to stop off in Geneve en-route from Annecy to Dijon during mid September. Any advice on where to park and things to see during a very short whistle stop visit? Thanks

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
32,914 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip to Geneve

I assume you do not want to spend 40frs for a very brief journey on the Swiss autoroute system? If so - enter Geneva from the A40 via Gaillard. Follow the route de Malagnou down to the lake and park at the Parking du Mt Blanc. In a few hours you can visit the centre of town and the old town. see this for ideas:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g188057-c127289/Gen…

Then get your car. Retrace your route on the rte de Malagnou, via Gaillard, to the French autoroute system and continue to Annecy. Thus you avoid our autoroutes entirely and the 40fr sticker to use them!!

Be careful! In France autoroutes are signposted in white on BLUE. Here they are white on GREEN.

London
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip to Geneve

Hi,

I have just come back from a short break to the North of Switzerland and I found very useful this free app called makemyswitzerland. You can plan your holiday according to your mood, so if you feel social you can choose from plenty social events around that aria etc. It gives some great tips from local ambassadors that help you discover the authentic charm of Switzerland. You can downloaded from here. Enjoy you Swiss break :)

http://goo.gl/dDvPKR

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
32,914 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trip to Geneve

The "make my switzerland" app is from our National Tourist Office. Good marketing work for Switzerland and useful if you are using an iPhone or iPad... but one can also get all the same info on their own site: www.myswitzerland.com

Anything that helps visitors enjoy our country (and want to come back!) is great!!

4. Re: Day Trip to Geneve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 30, 2014