We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation in Switzerland

Which Geneva hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Munich, Germany
2 posts
Save Topic
Accommodation in Switzerland

Hello there,we are a family of 6 traveling from Munich. Our places of interests are : Geneva, Montreaux, Interlaken, Jungfraujoch, Brienz, Bern, Basel,Freiburg, Titisee, Lake Konstanz., though Bern, Basel can be skipped as we really don't know weather its worth to visit instead of other places. We have 6 complete days to cover these places. Can you please recommend a good budget option (possibly BnB or Ferienwohnung) in or around Geneva, Interlaken and Freiburg area possibly in small town close to nature and easily reachable by train.We want to avoid spending time in changing hotels, so some central option in every area would be convenient for us as we have 2 kids with us. Considering high hotel prices in Switzerland, we are flexible enough in terms of budget, but our maximum limit for hotel stay for this trip is 1400 euro. We will be covering lake Konstanz area while coming back from Switzerland and we have idea about accomodation option there, as we already been there, but for Swiss trip we are bit confused. So all your recommendations are realy appreciated.

Zuerich
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation in Switzerland

Hi OAO11710...

I think you need to do a bit more research for yourself... the forum is not a "trip organizing center" ...we are just people who can give some advice.

For central locations from your list I would suggest looking at Montreux and the Jungfrau area as your "basses"... or perhaps also Luzern.

The main accommodation pages from TripAdvisor can help you search the hotels and accomodation options in each of the places you listed and there are MANY reviews and opinions for you to read on-line.

ex: Geneva: tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g188057-Geneva-Hotels… ...then look at the tabs for "best-value", "B+Bs" and so on... I'm sure you can find opinions that will answer your questions with a little reading.

Good luck.

Munich, Germany
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation in Switzerland

Many thanks canswiss and apologise if I have asked lot. I have already done lots of research, but realy confused now . Secondly our original plan was bit different and is changed at 11th hour. But I will check out for Montreux options again and will definitely have a look in the link you mentioned.

3. Re: Accommodation in Switzerland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 07, 2014