We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick confirmation of flexipass use

Which Geneva hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Quick confirmation of flexipass use

Hi everyone, thank you so much for all the great info you've shared to us tourists! I am about to finalize my rail pass purchase, can somebody please confirm the following will work as I think it will? :)

My friend and I will purchase the 4-day Swiss FLEXIpass (2-for-1 offer).

Day 1: Activate flexipass, use it to go from Geneva to Zermatt

Day 2: Don't activate a travel day, but use the flexipass to get 50% off price for the Gornergrat Bahn train

Day 3: Activate 2nd travel day, get 50% off Glacier Paradise cable car and at night travel from Zermatt to Lucerne

Day 4: Activate 3rd travel day, travel from Lucerne back to Geneva

Day 5: Activate 4th and last travel day, easy day trip to Yvoire and Montreaux

I would like confirmation that I can use the Flexipass in this way, particularly Day 2 when we don't use up a travel day but still can get a 50% discount for the Gornergrat Bahn.

Thank you!

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick confirmation of flexipass use

Hi everyone, I received confirmation that this will work--thanks!

canada
Level Contributor
7,404 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick confirmation of flexipass use

Hi SpliToe, while your plan will work, it seem to me that you may be backtracking a little bit. I am referring to your day 4. You can do day trips out of Lucerne, say to Mt Rigi (train, rack rail and boat) and go to Montreux instead of Geneva. On day 5 you can spend part of the day on the lake towards Geneva.

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick confirmation of flexipass use

Thanks bofoster! Yes, unfortunately we will be backtracking on Day 4 but we are visiting/staying over with a friend in Geneva (main reason for our trip to Switzerland) =) Thanks for your reply!

4. Re: Quick confirmation of flexipass use

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, December 14, 2013