We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best months to visit switzerland

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
297 posts
216 reviews
Save Topic
best months to visit switzerland

After reading fantastic itin suggested by expert in this forum, which is the best time to visit switzerland, while I thought May June is fine weather but it seems it is Swiss off time.

When is peak season for the hotels if we don't want to hit the peak rate? or when is the shoulder good weather season?

Thanks

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,188 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best months to visit switzerland

Hi yrtx4e,

I favor September through mid-October, depending on where you'll be.

s

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
297 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best months to visit switzerland

taking the golden pass line or the Glacier line with Mom (70++)

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,595 posts
508 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best months to visit switzerland

Goldenpass is great especially is you can buy "VIP seats" that are in the front of the train, below the conductor (see http://www.goldenpass.ch/).

Peak seasons vary depending where you go. In general July and August are peak and in the mountain resorts, Xmas to Easter. I like May and June.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
297 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best months to visit switzerland

I usually take a trip to Europe in May/June. Yet I read about May/June is local swiss holiday, woult that matter if we take the golden pass, I m planning to go late May next year with my mom on Golden pass.. may be also to Lugano then swing a side trip to Milan and back to ?? Zurich or Geneve? (not sure which is the right path/direction) to fly to Asia .

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,595 posts
508 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best months to visit switzerland

If you are on your way to Asia, then Zurich will be a better stop as from Geneva there is no direct flight to Asia other than to the Middle East (that technically is part of Asia). Lugano is also easier to reach from Zurich.

6. Re: best months to visit switzerland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 04, 2013