We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve in Geneva

Which Geneva hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Eve in Geneva

hi, any suggestions on what to do or where to go in Geneva for NYE? We're there for one night only.....not after the party or club scene, just something nice and memorable.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,459 posts
508 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve in Geneva

Natalie,

There is in General in the Old Town a lot of things organised (different music stages, food and drinks corners, ...) and many people happy to celebrate together. To give you a more precise idea, have a look at ville-geneve.ch/dossiers-actualites/… (in French but you can see videos and photos...

Glasgow, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve in Geneva

Following this thread with interest. I'll be in Geneva with friends and looking for some good places to see in the New Year. We'll be on holiday so don't know the area.

switzerland
Level Contributor
64 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Eve in Geneva

As a geneva resident I have heard that the old town party on the 31 december is not being held this year...will try to find out. would be disappointing if it's off, as geneva is the quietist town on new year and not much else going on unfortunately!

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,459 posts
508 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years Eve in Geneva

Ouch, Serena. That would be sad. I am checking with the Tourist Office and will keep you all posted.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,459 posts
508 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Years Eve in Geneva

OK, I have a reply. It seems the party is moved from the Old Town to Plainpalais (5 minutes walking distance) this year, unfortunately in my view. Details will be posted later on http://www.ville-geneve.ch/agenda/.

6. Re: New Years Eve in Geneva

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 12, 2013