We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel La Paix - offer too good to miss?

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
388 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel La Paix - offer too good to miss?

Hello Geneva experts. Can't quite decide which hotel to plump for but have found on the owners website (Concorde) what seems like a phenomenal offer of 280 chf per night for this newly restored hotel. The reviews that are coming in now seem to be good. I was thinking of The Jade Hotel which is coming in at around 215 chf a night and although this includes a light breakfast it doesn't look in the same category.

The catch is that you have to pay all your money upfront and it is non refundable but we have used this method before to land something normally out of our league. What do you think?

Geneva
Level Contributor
273 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel La Paix - offer too good to miss?

I cannot be much help here myself, , but if you get a post from (forum member) CAB I would suggest looking into it. He appears to give very solid advice about this kind of thing

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
388 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel La Paix - offer too good to miss?

That's what I was hoping for Ollie. Cab I saw another of your posts relating to the Paix hotel - I just wondered how you would compare it to the Jade and the various prices I can get. Which would you plump for?

thanks.

CAB
Geneva
Level Contributor
291 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel La Paix - offer too good to miss?

Hi to all.

While I like recommending any of the Manotel hotels (including the Jade and the Kipling), I would most definitely take advantage of this competitive rate at the De la Paix.

The hotel is a category above and its location is unbeatable.

I have not yet visited the hotel, but all the comments I have had locally have been excellent and they seem to be shared by all the latest Tripadvisor reviews.

If you book it, you may send the hotel's GM my regards; Denis Pourcher is a friend and a very professional hotelier. I am not surprised that their service has been praised.

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero, Melton Mowbray, Elora
Level Contributor
15,253 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel La Paix - offer too good to miss?

I agree with CAB. Go for the de la Paix.

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
388 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel La Paix - offer too good to miss?

Thank you very much CAB. I think I was hoping you were going to say that! I want to ask you another question but I will post it separately so everyone can get the benefit of the answer.

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
388 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel La Paix - offer too good to miss?

thank you too worldvoyager - I'm gunna!

nothing ventured nothing gained as they say!